The following blog is in outline format. Just skim through, check out the challenge at the bottom and keep your mind open to new challenges and experiences. Also, keep in mind; you must pay a fee if you are not taking classes during the first summer session to work out at the SRC/Rams Head.
Classes we offer this summer:
- Cardio Blast
- Cardio Funk
- Lower Body Conditioning
- Muscle Cut
- Step’n Sculpt
- Tai Chi
- Yoga and Mindful yoga
Sign up for an Intramural Sport:
- 3v3 Basketball
- 4v4 Football
- 4v4 Flag Football
- Sand Volleyball 3’s
- 3v3 Basketball
See http://campusrec.unc.edu/schedule for more info
- Have a current UNC OneCard
- Pass a Belay Certification Test by
- Take the Intro to Climbing Course (free for the summer!) OR
- Sign up for the Belay Test Challenge
- Purchase equipment rental – prepare for these steep prices…just kidding.
- Boreal Equinox Climbing Shoes/Evolv Slipper – $3
- Black Diamond Vario Harness – $2
- Chalk Bag and Belt – $1
- Belay Device and Locking Carabiner – FREE
- OR get an Unlimited Climbing Equipment Rental card for $20 for the summer
- More info visit: http://campusrec.unc.edu/climbing-wall
Trips & Expeditions
- Kayaking (two trips)
- http://campusrec.unc.edu/expeditions for more info
- WAFFYS (Wilderness Adventures for First Year Students)
- Five backpacking trips at Wilson Creek
- So is this open to students going into sophomore year or freshman year?
Here’s your challenge:
- Attend one fitness class per week
- Get your Belay Certification for climbing
- Commit to an intramural sport for one summer session
- If you are a freshman, take a WAFFYS trip.
- Use this summer to expand your horizons, accustom your body to new forms of exercise and meet new people! Have some fun while you’re at it!
- Campus Rec Team